Thanks to funding from the Mississippi Library Commission, we are pleased to offer the RBdigital eMagazine service. What are eMagazines? They are digital versions of your favorite print magazines that you can access with an Internet connection via your computer, tablet, or smart phone. To get started, just visit the RBdigital website and create an account by selecting the “Register” link in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen. Enter your library card number (the barcode number on the back of your card that you enter without spaces), first name, last name, and e-mail address. Then create a username (your choice) without any spaces (i.e. user123), and create a password, which must be at least four characters long and can contain both numbers and letters. Passwords are case sensitive. Usernames are not.
For assistance with finding and checking out eMagazines, you may go to RBdigital’s Help page for assistance.
eBooks & eAudiobooks
Browse, check out, and download eBooks and eAudiobooks using the Axis 360 Mobile app or the Read Now browser-based app (desktop computers and portable devices such as MacBooks and Surface Pros)! With these apps you can read eBooks or listen to eAudiobooks – all with the same app.
Using your mobile device. Go to the Google Play Store, the Apple Store, or the Amazon App Store (for compatible Kindle tablets) to download and install the mobile app for your device. When logging in the first time, select Bolivar County Library System, enter your library card number (the barcode on the back of your card entered without the spaces) and your password/PIN.
Using your desktop PC and portable devices (i.e., tablet). Open your device’s web browser, go to our webpage, click on “Axis360” in the “eBooks & eAudioBooks” section, then log-in using your library card number (the barcode on the back of your card entered without the spaces) and your password/PIN.
- What if I don’t know my password/PIN? Call (662) 843-2774 x109 or ask at the Circulation Desk at any Bolivar County library to get a password/PIN.
- How do I find out if my mobile device is compatible? To check compatibility, go to Axis 360 Device Compatibility webpage.
- How do I find out if my desktop PC or portable device browser is compatible? Go to What Browsers Can I Use With Read Now? webpage.
Ready to make your selections and check-out? Go to the Axis360 Magic Wall to see what’s available. Keep in mind that eBooks have a “book” icon in the upper left-hand corner of the book, while the eAudiobooks have a “headphone” icon instead.
- How many eBooks and/or eAudiobooks can I check out at a time? You may check out up to three eBooks or eAudiobooks (any combination of three).
- How long can I keep them? The check out period is two weeks. You may return items when you are finished. The item will clear your account within an hour and you can check-out another item.
- Need help with eBooks and/or eAudiobooks? Go to Welcome to Axis 360 Help & Training for step-by-step instructions for setting up your account and using the apps
Do you need more help with eMagazines, eBooks, or eAudiobooks? Contact Tamara Blackwell, Reference Services Librarian, at (662) 843-2774 ext. 104.