Consumer Health Information Websites
National Library of Medicine
Databases and electronic resources that are available from the homepage. Access to “All NLM Databases & APIs” is at upper left. Here are just a few of the resources:
- MedlinePlus – Health topics; drugs & supplements; medical dictionary & encyclopedia; and hospital & doctor directories.
- Daily Med – High quality information about drugs.
- Drug Information Portal – Quick access to quality drug information.
- Haz-Map – Links jobs to hazardous occupational diseases and symptoms.
- Tox Town – An interactive guide to commonly encountered toxic chemicals, your health, and the environment.
- Pub Med– more than 30 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books.
Health Insurance Marketplace – Individuals, families, and small businesses can: learn about their health coverage options; compare health insurance plans based on costs, benefits, and other features; choose a plan; and enroll in coverage.
National Network of Libraries of Medicine – Find member and affiliate member libraries that provide health information resources to the public. Delta State University is an affiliate member.
Clinical Trials – A registry of federally and privately funded clinical trials conducted in U.S. and world-wide.
Ask ME 3 – Promotes clear communication between health care providers and patients.
National Cancer Institute – Find support groups, A to Z list of cancers, treatments, clinical trials, and prevention, etc.
National Institute on Aging – Easy-to use website features basic health and wellness information for older adults.
Health Grades – Health Care Ratings and Profiles for hospitals, nursing homes, physicians, health plans, and liability insurers.
National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine – Information on herbs and supplements.
Leap Frog Group – www.leapfroggroup.org and www.hospitalsafety score.org. Find hospital ratings.